Thursday, July 31, 2008

Not Imaginary Anymore

She was imaginary until he posted a picture of her
Except that I always knew she existed
Before she existed for him
Then, the reality of her was more meaningful to me
Than it was to him
Now, she has his heart
And he is her world
He is not mine anymore
Not even a little bit
He never was, really
But, he seemed to be
There was an abiding fiction that he might be
Once, he seemed like the sun and the moon together
Now, there are lots of days that I don't even think about him anymore
Today is not one of those days
There will never be a day that she doesn't think about him
I knew him then
But she will know his forever
And my heart is healing
But it isn't yet healed
It wasn't really ready for the fact that she exists
That she isn't imaginary

No comments: