Tuesday, May 05, 2009

What Dreams May Come

In Your Heart, somewhere
There is a plan
You promised
You said it was a future
You said it was a hope
You said it was ordained
Before I was even conceived
You said You would finish
What You began
And I believe You
I know everything you promised
Everything You purposed
Everything You ordained
Will come to be
Because You spoke the very world
Into existence
Out of nothing
You spoke light into darkness
You spoke water and fire and earth and wind
And You are Love
I believe all of that
Every single word
And I know
More than anything else
That my dreams
Are Yours for the giving
Yours to command
Like the moon and stars
Yours to send forth
Like the rain and the wind
And I know, I know, I know
That You call me not only child
But Beloved
And if I ask for bread
You do not give stones
So I call out
Loudly, from the rooftop
Shouting into the heavens
Send me dreams
Send me visions
Show me the way

No comments: